Terms And Conditions
TheVid offers web video hosting services for its users based on the following provisions:
- - Preface
- - TheVid provides its users with an infrastructure, which enables the user to save video files on internet servers. After saving the videos, the user receives a code and link, through which his/her video can be shared in any website or blog. The video can also be removed from the server again, at any time.
- - The videos saved with TheVid are treated confidentially. TheVid does not supply any search function, whith whose help the TheVid infrastructure can be searched.
- - The services provided by TheVid are free-of-charge.
The user agrees while using TheVid service that may not:
- - Use the Services for any illegal purpose.
- - Use any robot, spider, site search and/or retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Services, with the exception of public search engines.
- - Reformat or frame any portion of any web page that is part of the Services without the express permission of TheVid.
- - Collect or harvest any personal identifiable information or solicit users.
- - Impersonate another person, whether real or fictional.
- - Violate or attempt to violate TheVid systems or interfere with the normal use of the Services by users.
- - Transmit any form of solicitation or Spam.
- - Promote an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work.
- - Submit Content/Files that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, unlawful or promotes or encourages illegal activity.
- - Submit Content/Files that violates the rights of others, such as Content that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or violates any right of privacy or publicity, or that is libelous or defamatory, or that directs any user to the content of a third party without consent of the third party.
- - Defame or libel any person; invade any person's right of privacy or publicity or otherwise violate, misappropriate or infringe the rights of any person.
- - Upload/Submit Files that compromise the security of the servers.
- - Use TheVid services for messages of terror, depicts torture or death or harm minors in any way.
- - Any tools/software designed and used to bypass our security, and automate the downloading of files from our servers without explicit authorization from the site administration or by avoiding the use of APIs exposed for the purpose are strictly prohibited.
- - This list is not conclusive and can be extended at our will.
- - TheVid will immediately block such contents after being notified of them and delete these files after an inspection phase of 2 days. Furthermore, it will delete videos, which are identical to previously deleted videos.
- - TheVid is entitled to terminate the contractual relationship with users, who infringe upon these upload rules without notice, to block the access of said users and/or to delete the accounts of such users including all the contents.
- - TheVid refers to the fact that, in order to clean its hard drive. It is entitled to delete those files which have not been accessed for a longer period of time. However, this deletion shall only take place after 30 days have passed since the end of the upload has been done. If a file has not been accessed, the minimum storage period of 30 days shall begin with the completion of upload.
- - TheVid will inform users of accounts about changes to the General Terms and Conditions before they come into effect. If the user has acquired a chargeable product and changes are made to this product which disadvantages the user, then the user shall be entitled to terminate the contractual relationship within a period of four weeks after receiving notification of the changes. If the user does not make use of his/her right to terminate the contract, then the changes shall be deemed accepted and shall become effective components of the contract. TheVid shall be obligated to refer the user to this rule once again when providing notification of the new General Terms and Conditions.
- - Should a term of the contract or a condition in the General Terms and Conditions be or become wholly or partially ineffective, then the validity of the contract or the General Terms and Conditions shall remain unaffected by this. Another condition shall be put in place of the ineffective condition, which comes closest to the purpose of this condition in a legally effective manner. This shall also apply in the case that there is a loophole.
By using our site and/or service, you agree that we are authorized to block your access and delete your videos for any violation of our Conditions of Use or for the following reason.
We have a policy of terminating, without notice and without recourse, accounts of subscribers or account holders who are repeat infringers of copyright, and you agree that we may apply that policy to your account or subscription in our sole judgment based upon a suspicion on our part or a notification we receive regardless of proof of infringement.